From Watertown to Rivers: Ms. Kaplan goes with the flow

Student-teachers come and go through Watertown Middle School, but Ari Kaplan was truly a pleasure to have during her time here.

Ms. Kaplan, the student-teacher in Mrs. Goulet’s class, is moving on after her 5½ months of student teaching here.

This summer Ms. Kaplan is planning on spending time with her family at their beach house on Long Island. She is hoping to get some relaxing time to read on the beach after her long, hard hours of work at WMS.

In the fall, she will be back to her work, but this time it is going to be a little bit more exciting: Ms. Kaplan will be a full-time teacher at the Rivers School in Weston. She is going to be teaching a sixth-grade humanities class.

Ms. Kaplan said she is looking forward to getting to be a real teacher and planning lessons for an exciting curriculum. During Ms. Kaplan’s teaching week at WMS, she planned great lessons about Roman Rhetoric, speeches, and public speaking. She is ready to become a full-time teacher.

With excitement there is usually something little that everybody is nervous about.

Ms. Kaplan said, “I am nervous about memorizing everyone’s names.”

Even though Ms. Kaplan is excited about her new teaching job, she said she will miss Watertown Middle School. She says the thing she is going to miss the most is her students.

“I was so lucky to meet all of you this year!” she said.

We all wish Ms. Kaplan the best of luck at her new school.

–June 16, 2013–