WMS news in brief: Dance Dec. 3, concert Dec. 7, and Coats for Kids

REBECCA H., MELISSA R., SARAH R., and MARIYAM F.

Another big event for students is the second dance of the year, Friday, Dec. 3, at 7 p.m. in the cafeteria. The dance ends promptly at 10 p.m. Tickets are on sale this week before and after school. No tickets will be sold at the door.

This dance is being called the Skittles dance. When each student buys a ticket, there is a color written on the back. The student who dresses the most in his or her color will win a prize.

The Student Council will also be selling pizza and having a raffle to raise money.

Strong start for annual coat drive

The school is starting its second month of collecting coats for the annual Coats for Kids drive and the count is up to 155.

The organizers would like to thank everyone who has donated coats, but says we are a long way from last year’s total of 642 coats.

The coat drive is for winter outerwear only, and coats will be accepted until Jan. 8.

Flu shots

Good advice from Lillian Brooks, the nurse for Watertown Middle School, said that this year instead of having two different flu shoots, there will be one with the medicine combined. (There will be no flu shot given out at WMS, she said.)

“Wash your hands and have plenty of sleep, eat right, and stay healthy to prevent getting a cold,’’ she said. “Don’t forget to get the flu shot! It’s really important and helps a lot!”

Winter Concert Tuesday; yearbooks on sale now

The annual Winter Concert will be held Tuesday, Dec. 7, in the WMS auditorium. The bands, orchestra, and chorus will all be performing. … Yearbooks went on sale Wednesday, Dec. 1, for $25 each. There is a limited number of yearbooks available and they will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.

–Dec. 2, 2010–